Update: Sublight is probably dead. You should use an online service like Subscene or Open Subtitles instead.
Sublight is a useful utility for Windows that allows you to fetch subtitles for movies and TV shows from various sources across the web. With it’s nifty features, Sublight can automatically look up subtitles for the movies on your PC and play them on your favorite media player.
The Quick Help guide that’s installed along with Sublight runs you through three easy steps on how to play a movie with subtitles.
Besides these basic features, Sublight packs some punch with innovative features like
- batch download of subtitles for an entire folder of videos – read this tutorial
- statistics of most popular movies based on usage and downloads
- automatic integration with VLC and Windows Media Player
- automatic and frequent program updates
- facility to publish your own subtitles, and edit the ones you download
- seamless integration with Windows Explorer, and a modern Ribbon-interface
- integrated command-line tool
If you’re a movie buff like me, Sublight is a must-have addition in your software arsenal. Go grab it now.